Hurtigruten - Connect with your Inner Explorer
Video: Hurtigruten | Explore The World with Us
Hurtigruten, a world leader in exploration travel, has the longest history and strongest legacy in polar waters, drawing on more than 125 years of pioneering experience. We are an exploration company in every sense of the word, and proud to offer you the opportunity to travel with meaning.
Our journeys are created for adventurers that value learning and personal growth.
Our custom-built expedition ships offer a friendly, small-ship ambiance and function as your comfortable base camp at sea. Hurtigruten is the world's greenest cruise company, and sustainability is part of every detail of our operations. We have introduced the first hybrid electric-powered vessels in the world, and we are the very first cruise company to remove all unnecessary single-use plastic across our entire fleet. We take tremendous pride in our commitment to minimize the impact of our operations, all while offering you an expedition in the most responsible, respectful and sustainable way.
Photo: Hurtigruten traveller overlooking vista at the top of a mountain
Hurtigrtuen Operates Premium Exploration Voyages To:
- The Northwest Passage / Baffin Island
- British / Scottish Isles / Southern Scandinavia
- Repositioning Cruises in North, Central and South America
These are unique destinations where the natural beauty is matched only by the breathtaking beauty and stunning diversity of its wilderness, inhabitants, flora, and fauna. On all of the small ships in our fleet, you will find modern facilities and equipment designed specifically to sail in remote areas.
For all guests booked on departures to the 31st of December 2020, we offer free rebooking to any future Hurtigruten cruise with departure before the 31st of December 2022. In addition, guests booked on departures to Antarctica before the 31st of March 2021 can also use the free rebooking offer. A changed booking will be credited as a Hurtigruten Future Cruise Voucher in the amount of 100% of what you paid. You will also get a 10% discount on your future cruise. Your Hurtigruten Future Cruise Voucher can be used to book any Expedition Cruise or Norwegian Coastal Voyage with departure before the 31st of December 2022. The voucher is combinable with all other Hurtigruten offers valid at time of rebooking.
Please note: You do not need to have decided on which exact Hurtigruten sailing cruise to rebook to when claiming the voucher with your travel agent.
Rebooking Policy for Cancelled Cruises:
• For all guests booked on a cruise that has been cancelled by Hurtigruten, we offer free rebooking to any future Hurtigruten cruise with departures before the 31st of December 2022.
• A changed booking will be credited as a Hurtigruten Future Cruise Voucher in the amount of 125% of what you paid. You will also get a 10% discount on your future cruise.
• Your Hurtigruten Future Cruise Voucher can be used to book any Expedition Cruise or Norwegian Coastal Voyage with departure before the 31st of December 2022.
• The voucher is combinable with all other Hurtigruten offers valid at time of rebooking.
• Please note: You do not need to have decided on which exact Hurtigruten sailing cruise to rebook to when claiming the voucher with your travel agent.
This offer only applies to bookings that have been cancelled by us. The decision to cancel the sailing came into effect when the official cancellation letter was sent from Hurtigruten to your travel agent. This offer does not apply to guests which have already accepted our previous offer to rebook to another sailing prior to this date/time.
Hurtigruten - Safer Together
To ensure all voyages are safe for both our guests and crew, we have introduced several new procedures. Safety is always our number one priority, that’s why it’s important for us that you understand how we work to protect against infectious diseases on board our ships.
**Some of these procedures and dates will be adjusted on an ongoing basis depending on how the pandemic is developing and guidelines from authorities. Please visit https://www.hurtigruten.com/practical-information/health-and-safety/ for the latest updates.
• You are required to hand in a self-declaration form. This ensures the safety of you, your fellow passengers and our crew on your sailing. This declaration is required to allow you to travel with Hurtigruten, and we reserve the right to refuse embarkation for guests with missing or incomplete information. The digital self-declaration form is sent to you by e-mail 24 hours before departure. If you are not able to fill in the digital form, you will be given a self-declaration form at check in.
This form will:
o Confirm that you are not showing signs of any COVID-19 symptoms at embarkation.
o Confirm that you have not been in contact with anyone who has COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
o Confirm compliance to the current travel restrictions imposed by the Norwegian authorities (for journeys starting and ending in Norway).
Embarkation and Disembarkation
• Negative COVID-19 tests will be required by all crew and guests before embarking on expedition cruises. Guests affected by these testing measures will receive information on the testing requirements before travelling. Currently, testing is only required for guests on expedition cruises, not the regular cruise along the Norwegian coast.
• A contactless fever scan to record your temperature will be performed before embarkation, and we reserve the right to conduct this procedure at any point during the trip.
• We test for fever before each meal at the restaurants entrance.
• You are asked to wash or disinfect your hands when embarking or disembarking the ship.
• You are asked to open a cruise account where all purchases are registered on a touch-free card. We do this to limit the use of cash and frequent contact with payment terminals.
• We regulate the number of people who embark and disembark the ship at any given time.
• To facilitate social distancing, we will limit the number of guests in restaurants, lecture halls, swimming pool, sauna and gym.
• Guests will be offered several time options for meals and activities. In-cabin services and floor markings for appropriate distance are other measures that facilitate safe social distance for our guests and crew.
Masks & Facial Covering
• All passengers from the age of 12 will be required to wear face masks during embarkation and disembarkation, in hallways, stairways, lecture halls, in the Science Center and in situations where the recommended social distancing is challenged.
• On our Norwegian Coastal Voyages, you may bring your own face mask or buy masks on board.
• For Expedition Cruises, face masks will be provided.
• Both medical face masks and cloth face masks are allowed for guests.
• Crew on board are required to use medical face masks.
• All crew will wear face masks or face shields in public areas, food handling areas, during housekeeping and maintenance in passenger cabins.
• By using the latest technology, certified cleaning products and disinfectants, we welcome our guests to a 100% clean onboard environment. In addition to thorough daily cleaning, public areas and cabins will be fully disinfected on a regular basis. Sanitizing stations are placed in all public areas.
• We will do a full disinfection of the entire ship in each turn-around. During our expedition cruises, we do a full disinfection of the ship every day
• Public areas are disinfected with electrostatic spraying using Micro Quat Extra that have been proven and certified to eliminate Covid-19 using the guidelines from The German Society for the Control of Virus Diseases (DVV).
• Cabins are disinfected with Drysan Oxy, a cleaning and disinfectant proven to eliminate viruses, including Covid-19, on all surfaces. Drysan Oxy is certified using the guidelines from DVV.
• Strict cleaning routines are secured through internal and external hygiene inspections. External partners are used to implement both planned and unannounced hygiene inspections on all ships.
• We do regular checks of HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning) filters, and the quality of the drinking water.
• All guests should uphold good hand hygiene by washing their hands with soap and water or alcohol based hand sanitizer.
Food and Beverage
• We will have more seating sessions and individual plating instead of self-service buffets. The kitchen will uphold its usual high standards of hygiene and quality. There are hand washing stations outside all restaurants.
• We ask you to arrive for your meals at the agreed time to minimize queuing.
• You should wash or disinfect your hands outside our restaurants, where hand disinfectant are placed, before being welcomed in.
• Everything guests are in contact with in the restaurants are disinfected between dining sessions.
• Our chefs will serve you and carefully place your choice of meal onto your plate as you request.
• All menus on board can be accessed digitally through your smartphone or similar devices.
Excursions and Going Ashore
• We are working closely with our partners to ensure our shore excursions are in line with national and industry guidelines, as well as the procedures on our ships. This may mean that some shore excursions are temporarily unavailable or that they have been adjusted to comply with these requirements.
Some of these changes include:
o We have reduced group sizes where needed to enable social distancing on excursions.
o All buses used for excursions are operating at max. 50% capacity and are cleaned and disinfected between trips.
o Equipment provided for excursions is cleaned and disinfected between trips.
o Hand sanitizer is available when embarking and disembarking the ship.
• Along the Norwegian coast, we have a nurse as part of the crew and are never far from land and access to the onshore health service; meanwhile our expedition ships always have a medical center, a doctor and at least one assistant nurse on board.
• There is also a dedicated Health & Safety Officer on board, whose task is to coordinate and ensure the quality of infection control on board.